- Ancient nationwide security adviser Susan Rice on Sunday mentioned the Trump administration’s memoir on the Russia bounty space would not add up.
- “I form not buy this myth that [Trump] used to be never briefed,” Rice, who served as inclined President Barack Obama’s adviser from 2013–2017, mentioned in an interview with Andrea Mitchell on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
- “Now we absorb a president who is doing our arch-adversary’s bidding,” Rice mentioned. “And he’s surrounded by sycophants and weaklings who are not doing their jobs.”
- Russia allegedly paid bounties to Taliban-linked militants to slay US troops in Afghanistan. The White Apartment has claimed Trump used to be never briefed on the intelligence, but contemporary reporting suggests in some other case.
- Search the advice of with Enterprise Insider’s homepage for more tales.
Ancient nationwide security adviser Susan Rice on Sunday excoriated the Trump administration over the Russia bounty space, accusing President Donald Trump of doing “our arch-adversary’s bidding.”
The inclined Obama administration adviser rejected the White Apartment’s assertion that President Donald Trump used to be never briefed on the intelligence suggesting Russia used to be paying bounties to Taliban-linked militants to slay US troops in Afghanistan.
“I form not buy this myth that [Trump] used to be never briefed,” Rice mentioned in an interview with Andrea Mitchell on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
“I have faith in that over a one year within the past … my successor John Bolton would absorb walked straight into the Oval Office, as I’d absorb, and suggested the president of this intelligence,” Rice added.
—Meet the Press (@MeetThePress) July 5, 2020
Trump used to be briefed on the intelligence by Bolton in March 2019, based fully on a contemporary Associated Press file, and the intel on the suspected Russian bounty space used to be also reportedly integrated within the president’s written day after day briefing in slow February this one year.
The intelligence on the space used to be gleaned from interrogations of captured Afghan militants and criminals, based fully on reporting from The Fresh York Cases, which used to be bolstered by electronic recordsdata intercepted by American officers exhibiting enormous financial transfers between Russia’s militia intelligence company and a Taliban-linked myth. The White Apartment has not taken any known responses to the alleged Russian space.
‘None of this provides up’
The Trump administration has downplayed the intelligence, rejected reviews on the intel as unsubstantiated, and heaps times mentioned the president used to be never briefed on it.
Trump has suggested the intelligence is “Wrong Records,” even when the White Apartment final week mentioned the president has now been “fully briefed” on the topic. The administration has also been briefing members of Congress on the intelligence.
Trump has garnered a recognition as a president who’s averse to runt print and would not hear to or study briefings. He’s also been accused by critics of behaving in a subservient manner to Russian President Vladimir Putin, and CNN only recently reported that Trump’s offended reactions to intelligence warnings on Russia led his nationwide security team to short him less and no more on Russia-related threats to the US.
Along these traces, Mitchell on Sunday asked Rice why Trump didn’t carry the topic with Putin for the length of six phone calls that took put after February 27, when the intelligence used to be reportedly integrated within the president’s day after day written briefing.
“None of this provides up,” Rice mentioned. “Now we absorb a president who is doing our arch adversary’s bidding, it might perhaps seem. And he’s surrounded by sycophants and weaklings who are not doing their jobs.”
Rice mentioned the president’s advisers don’t absorb the boldness to “bring the president the tricky messages he wants to listen to.”
- Be taught more:
- Russia did pay extremists to assault US troopers in Afghanistan, based fully on 3 separate Taliban sources
- Ex-spies allege Trump’s dispute that no one told him Russia might perhaps well well moreover were paying militants to slay US troops is ‘horses—‘
- Trump reportedly briefed on Russia paying militants to slay US troops the an identical day he had a 45-minute meeting on the dramatized CPAC play ‘FBI Lovebirds: Undercovers’
- Household of lifeless Marine says US ‘absolutely’ wants to launch investigation into Taliban assault with suspected Russian ties