Almost six months ago, your entire plan inspire in mid-March, the Trump administration issued an command banning commute from Europe, Brazil, Iran and China. There used to be an exception to this rule: U.S. electorate, good everlasting residents and their relations occupy been licensed to reenter the country so long as they flew into one of 15 designated American airports, and underwent an enhanced entry screening. But on Monday, September 7, this protection changed, consistent with Yahoo News, which broke the fable. Right here’s what you would per chance perchance well well per chance must know about the updated commute regulations.
In rapid, those with permission to reenter the U.S. will no longer must fly thru this form of 15 screening airports en path to their final destination:
- Boston-Logan World Airport (BOS), Massachusetts
- Chicago O’Hare World Airport (ORD), Illinois
- Dallas/Citadel Worth World Airport (DFW), Texas
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), Michigan
- Daniel K. Inouye World Airport (HNL), Hawaii
- Citadel Lauderdale-Hollywood World Airport (FLL), Florida
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), Texas
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta World Airport (ATL), Georgia
- John F. Kennedy World Airport (JFK), Original York
- Los Angeles World Airport, (LAX), California
- Miami World Airport (MIA), Florida
- Newark Liberty World Airport (EWR), Original Jersey
- San Francisco World Airport (SFO), California
- Seattle-Tacoma World Airport (SEA), Washington
- Washington-Dulles World Airport (IAD), Virginia
When the new protection takes make at 12: 01 a.m. on Monday, September 14th, this can also fair terminate the compulsory COVID screening requirement for passengers strolling back from out of doors the country.
Huge query—despite all the pieces, we’re composed within the midst of a world pandemic. Let’s gape inspire at the protection that’s been in design for the previous a number of months. In general, passengers returning to the U.S. occupy been sent to airport screeners who took their temperature and requested a chain of health-related questions, at the side of whether or no longer they’ve been experiencing any of the normal COVID-19 symptoms.
G/O Media can also fair get a commission
Part of the screening job requires travelers to offer their contact files, within the occasion that it’s wanted for contact tracing functions. But below the updated protection, if a passenger can also fair occupy potentially been uncovered to someone with COVID-19, this can also fair produce entering contact with them severely extra advanced (or no longer no longer as much as time beyond regulation-drinking).
Whereas the new protection will doubtless produce commute extra convenient for those flying internationally, it doesn’t appear to be essentially top-of-the-line switch from a public health perspective. At this level, we’re no longer really in a design where we are in a position to manage to pay for to offer contact tracing extra important. And whereas no longer all people with COVID has a fever (and vice versa), the airport health screenings no longer no longer as much as offered some are trying to support sluggish the unfold of the unconventional coronavirus, and acknowledge the persevering with global pandemic.